|Home||» Products||» Satin Ribbons||» Spun Polyester Tape|
Spun Polyester Tape
Spn Polyster Tape
What is PET
PolyEthylene Terephthalate or PET is a strong, but lightweight form of clear polyester, often used to make containers. One of the striking features of the material is its recyclability. Post-consumer containers are collected from households and processed to make raw material for new applications.
How PET is Recycled
PET is recycled through mechanical recycling. During mechanical recycling recovered bottles are shredded into flakes. Flakes are subsequently washed and are ready to be used as such or blended with virgin polymer. It is also possible to break up the polymer molecule into its main raw materials. The final products from this process can be used to manufacture new PET.
Steps to Recycle PET
- Collecting post-consumer PET (Nowadays, the majority of European cities have set into place a collection scheme to recover recyclable items, amongst which PET bottles. Often, the scheme requests citizens to dispose of recyclables into specific bags that are then collected separately from the rest of the household waste.)
- The bags containing recyclables are sent to a sorting plant where materials are separated according to their nature.
- Recovered PET bottles are then punctured and baled (compacted in a bundle) and are sent to the reclaimers.
- The reclaimer first de-bales the bundles and, to make sure its final product will be as pure as possible, sorts the bottles once again.
- The bottles are then pre-washed and are shredded into flakes.
- The flakes, easier to wash than a flattened bottle, are then thoroughly cleaned with water and detergents resulting in a perfectly clean flake, to ensure the purest possible final product.
- Flakes are then dried and stocked before being sold.
- It is when the flakes are sold that the actual recycling sets into action: the flakes, the raw material, are melted then manufactured into a new product.
Using newly-developed technology, both the horizontal and the vertical threads of the tape use recycled PET fiber as the base material. The performance is similar to the cloth tape
Currently, the main outlet for recycled PET is the fibre market. Polar fleece for example is made out of recycled PET. Other applications include strapping, sheet and even building material. High quality sorting and washing allows bottles to be recycled back into bottles for beverages and non foods. Sealing and packaging cardboard boxes, plastic cases, oil cans, etc. Heavy packaging where adhesive strength is important PET tapes is the solution.
Ranging from 10mm-70mm
Dye and Finishing
Soft and Smooth feel
200 or 400 meters